The winter 2023 edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition we cover the following topics:
- Cookie Update 1: EDPB published report of the work undertaken by the Cookie Banner Taskforce
- Cookie Update 2: guidance for telemedia operators (Cookie Guidance) by the German supervisory authorities: final, but not really practical
- Cookie Update 3: regional Court Munich I: design of a Cookie Banner
- Data transfers: draft adequacy decision for the United States
- CJEU: the data subject’s access right includes the disclosure of the specific recipients
- CJEU’s advocate general issues opinions on the GDPR’s right of access to personal data
- Celle Court of Appeals: the right of access under the GDPR may also be used for purposes unrelated to data protection
- CJEU: search engine must delete incorrect information from search results
- Nuremberg-Fürth Regional Court: e-mail advertising following a purchase of goods requires consent where the underlying order has already been cancelled
- German supervisory authorities: effects of the new consumer provisions on digital products in the German Civil Code on data protection law
- Petersberg Declaration of the German supervisory authorities: demands and recommendations for health data protection in scientific research
- Cologne Regional Court: no required customer password request in the context of the termination button
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for readings on GDPR sanctions, dark patterns in trading apps, UK data protection case law, and more.
We hope you enjoy reading it.