The Winter 2022 Edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition, we cover the following topics:
- International data transfers: country assessments for United States, China, India and Russia to assist with data transfer impact assessments
- Data protection authorities: cookie updates
- Schleswig Higher Administrative Court: fan page violates data protection law
- Hamm Court of Appeals: scope and limits of the right to information
- Dresden Court of Appeals: retention obligations do not per se justify data retention
- Karlsruhe Court of Appeals: online shops that only offer customers the choice of ‘Mrs’ or ‘Mr’ to indicate their gender, discriminate against non-binary people
- Essen Regional Court: certain terms and conditions for participating in a competition must be communicated in the original advertising
- Stendal Regional Court: no advertising in confirmation emails
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for readings on the Data Act, direct marketing, data access rights, remote work, hate speech in social media, and more.
We hope you enjoy reading it.