The Summer 2021 Edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition we cover the following topics:
- Update on international data transfers
- State Labour Court of Baden-Württemberg: No claim for damages for transferring personal data to the United States on the basis of the standard contractual clauses
- German Supreme Court: Scope of right to access under article 15 of the GDPR
- ECJ AG: Inbox advertising for free mail services only permissible with consent?
- File sharing on file sharing networks: Strengthening of copyrights by ECJ
- Austrian Supreme Court: Statistical probability as personal data?
- Frankfurt Court of Appeals: German website imprint of a U.S. incorporated company
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for readings on artificial intelligence, cookies, ransomware attacks, hate speech laws and more.
We hope you enjoy reading it.