The Spring 2021 Edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition we cover the following topics:
- New cookie rules in Germany will apply as of December 1, 2021
- German data protection authorities conduct coordinated audits on international data transfers
- Mainz Administrative Court: Data protection requirements for emails sent by individuals with a duty of professional confidentiality
- Cologne Court of Appeal: Influencers must also label unpaid product posts as advertising
- Saarland Administrative Court of Appeal: Double opt-in by email not suitable for consent to telephone advertising
- ECJ: Framing in circumvention of safeguards requires copyright holder’s consent
- German Supreme Court: Admissibility of charging a fee for payment when engaging payment service providers
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for readings on data protection impact assessments, data portability, tracking, video conferencing services, Schrems II, the metaverse and more.
We hope you enjoy reading it.