The Summer 2020 Edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition we cover the following topics:
- Access rights vs. data backup
- Cookie update: Planet49 and cookie walls
- Double opt-in required under GDPR
- Update on influencer advertisement
- German Supreme Court: on how company reviews and ratings are presented on review platforms
- ECJ: details of alternative dispute resolution entity must be provided in general terms and conditions of consumer contracts
- Metadata also constitutes trade secrets
- ECHR: blocking of entire websites violates freedom of expression
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for reading of publications of the European Data Protection Board and the German data protection authorities as well as on the ePrivacy Regulation and the Platform-to-Business Regulation.
We hope you enjoy reading it.