Recent headlines continue to explore the ramifications of the Court of Justice of the European Union’s ruling declaring the long-standing EU U.S. Safe Harbor framework invalid. The decision will have widespread implications on how global corporations manage the international transfer of data.
Please join Reed Smith on October 14, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. PT | 12:00 p.m. ET | 5:00 p.m. BST for an interactive CLE webinar offering clients and friends practical solutions to mitigate risks in their supply chain, while transferring data across global borders.
The free webinar will explore the following topics:
• Overview and history of the EU-U.S. Safe Harbor
• Ramifications of the decision in each of the EU member states
• Alternative transfer mechanisms based on a company’s global footprint
• Risk of increased enforcement
• Practical steps companies can take to mitigate risk
• Impacts and changes to expect in the future
Click here to register.
*Reed Smith is an accredited CLE provider in California, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas. This course is presumptively approved as follows: 1.0 general CLE credit in California, 1.0 general CLE credit in Illinois, 1.0 substantive CLE credit in Pennsylvania, 1.2 general CLE credit in New Jersey, and 1.0 general CLE credit in Texas. For lawyers licensed in New York, this course is eligible for 1.0 credit under New York’s Approved Jurisdiction Policy. Please allow 4 weeks after the program to receive a certificate of attendance.